David joined TrailAthlete in 2021. He is a full time emergency department doctor currently in the Wellington Region. He originally came over to Aotearoa in 2016 from Scotland.
David started trail running in 2018 as a way to see more of New Zealand, and now enjoys competing in events, managing to win many of these, including:
- Tarawera 51km (course record)
- Ring of Fire 50km (course record)
- Routeburn Classic
- Queenstown marathon
- Whitianga marathon
- Great Kauri Run
- Kawerau King of the Mountain
- Tarawera 22k (course record)
- Cape Kidnappers trail run
- Taniwha 42k and 21k (both course records),
- The Nugget (course record)
- Porirua Grand Traverse
- Raglan Karioi Trail
- Waitomo Trail run
He has also competed in Triathlon, again achieving podium results as well as qualification for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii on his first attempt.
David enjoys coaching others to help them achieve their potential in health, life, training and racing. Coming from a background of medicine and shift-work, his approach is to fully integrate training into the context of the athletes work, family, and other commitments, optimising overall fitness, nutrition, sleep, and efficient use of time, whilst enjoying the process day-to-day.
- Endurance Coaching for runners & Triathletes
- Initial meeting to get to know you, your training history, goals, & capacity/time commitments.
- Individualised training plan via Training-peaks which can be synced to your smart watch & phone.
- Provides accountability and motivation to a proven training structure tailored towards your goals.
- Review of sessions, comments, tips, two-way feedback and adjustments to optimise the program for you.
- Direct Whats-app channel linking you to your coach. Available to offer advice on training, strength, nutrition, recovery, mindset, event preparation & racing.
- Training aims to fit into the structure of your life, whilst maintaining the basics of good nutrition, sleep and optimal health.
- This along with the benefits of being a TrailAthlete member: discounts, competitions, being part of TA community.
Ready to level up with David as your coach?
Complete the form and we will be in contact with you shortly.